Friday, March 26, 2010

Fort Davis to Marathon Texas


Yesterday was a rest day. I spent part of the afternoon changing my front tire that I mended about 10 days ago with a dollar bill after I hit some debris on the road. It was the first time I did the work with someone prompting me. I also put in a new tube, just to make sure everything would be in good shape. This morning my new tire was flat. The tube had a faulty stem. Later in the morning I had another flat tire. The second tube also had a faulty stem. I have had 6 flats altogether and am tied for first place in the flat tire derby! Not an honor I wish to have. We are int he wilds of the Texas outback. There is nothing here except ranches and an occasional RV Park. The roads are chip seal, widely used in Texas. Rough. The traffic has been light and the headwinds strong and mighty.

Our hotel tonight, the Gage Hotel, is amazing. Built in the 1800's and refurbished in the 1970's very excellent accommodations.

No comments:

Post a Comment