Saturday, March 27, 2010

Marathon to Sanderson Texas, March 27, 2010. We turned left our of the hotel parking lot and rode for 55 miles and turned left into the Outback Oasis Hotel. There were no towns or services in between. It is really desolate in this part of the world. The ride was fairly easy with a tailwind most of the way. Now we are resting up for the big ride tomorrow - 111 miles to Del Rio. I have been trying to help my legs recover by rolling on a styrofoam roller that someone has. It is supposed to help the circulation. I will probably also do some ice.

The lady who owns this motel keeps a room ful of live snakes just off the lobby. I glanced in but have not spent any time there. This motel is provides the basics, nothing like the hotel where we were last night.

For those of you who have not been following me on facebook, let me just say that this ride is harder than I ever imagined. The first couple of weeks I really struggled. It is better now and I am feeling stronger. I am learning to accept the wind and try to have a conquering attitude toward it instead of just wishing it would go away. I am accepting Texas chip seal as a road surface, the positive aspect is that the vibration improves the circulation. In this more desolate area the traffic is lighter which is a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment