Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Two days after the long day

Bracketville to Camp Wood Texas 3-30-2010 48 more miles on Texas Chip Seal. It rattles everything on the bike, it rattles the bones, the waterbottles, the hands and rattles some more. We are getting into the Texas Hill Country. It is greener with rolling hills. We passed some immense ranches today and saw sheep, cattle and huge vultures eating roadkill. Yesterday I think I was surprised I could even get back on the bike after the 111 mile day and was just amazed all day that I could still ride. Today was just a fight to keep going even though the wind was not bad and the terrain was rolling hill fun. My legs need a long break. Tomorrow we are doing some steep and serious climbing. Let's see 39 miles - if I just walk the bike the whole way I could finish in 10 hours. We have that much daylight, maybe I will just walk it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment