Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vanderpool to Kerrville Texas

The last few days we have been riding through the Texas Hill Country. The rest of us would call them mountains, the Texans call them hills. The trees are getting leaves and starting to bloom. There are lakes and rivers and and more big ranches. The route we took was winding and curvy and very steep at places. There were also some long stretches of rolling hills, the kind I love. Pedal downhill as fast as possible and see if you can make to the top of the next hill without going into the granny gear. It has been sunny and the road has been better. Actually the road has been older and more pressed down and worn off, not so bumpy. The wind has been mostly in our favor and not too bad. Tomorrow we have a rest day. My legs need it. My brakes are giving me a problem so my bike is in the shop getting new breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment