Friday, April 23, 2010

Crestview to Marianna, FL April 22, 2010




Today was our last really long day - 93 miles. We had a preacher visit us at one of our SAG stops. He started out by telling us that he is sympathetic to women who need to clean bathrooms after men. He had a job cleaning the men's room at a truck stop and said that men are just disgusting. They leave paper on the floor and drip water everywhere.... Then he launched into a short sermon. Some of the other women scooted away real fast when he was just getting warmed up. I stayed and ate my snack and stretched my muscles and added an Amen once or twice. JoAnn even gave him a Hallelujah. At the end he said he wanted to say a bendiction for us. He gave the one that Dad always used at church when we were growing up and I got a big lump in my throat and said it along with him (silently). At the end I told him my Dad was a preacher and he said the same bendiction every Sunday when I was growing up and he gave me a big hug and left. The verse on the back windsheld is original with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment