Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What will I miss most when the tour ends?




Tomorrow we will arrive in St. Augustine. I wonder if I will sleep at all tonight. What will life be like back in the real world? We have spent 58 days together, this band of 22 independent determined women. We have conquered mountains, hills, rain, snow, leaking hotel roofs, and Txas chipseal roads. Tomorrow we will reach the Atlantic Ocean, or goal. As Linda says "3098 miles on a tiny seat."

I will miss the comraderie. I will miss seeing my sister every day. I will miss not being able to eat 5,000 calories a day. I will miss having a chef and needing to do my own grocery shopping and meal planning. In the photo is our chef telling us what she made for dinner. I will miss the countryside and riding and riding and riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment